Monday, June 22, 2009

The Weekend-An Overview

Amy here...
So Germany is all I have wanted and more. I think most everyone here thinks so.
On Friday, after school, I went to the grocery store with my hostmother, older sister, and partner Luca. It was cool to see the differences and similarities. It was mostly the same but smaller. And there were different foods and brands.
That night, I went to the club with Luca and lots of other people. First we went to a place called Fun Park which was pretty big. Then we went to a club called S Club. It was much smaller but I actually liked it more. The DJ wanted to meet me along with other American students, and he got me a free bionade (lemonade basically). Luca and I left at 2:30 because we had to wake up at 4:30 the next morning.
We woke up at 4:30 on Saturday morning because we were leaving at 6 to go to the theme park. We went to a place called Phantasialand which is in Köln. I slept in the car along with Luca's sisters Sarah and Kim. Once we got there, we on a water ride where we got very wet, and were wet most of the day. Second, we went on a free fall called Mystery Castle. It was a lot like Tower of Terror where we first walked through the castle which was sort of haunted, and then go into a tower where you get on the ride and they shoot you all the way to the roof, and then drop you and bounce you a few times. Very very cool. Then we went on a rollercoaster (Achterbahn) called Black Mamba. It was comparable to Batman at six flags, where your feet hang off. We also went on smaller rides too but the last big thing we went on was called Talocan. It was a thing that flipped you upside down and spun you around a lot. Afterwards we went home and went to sleep pretty soon after.
On Sunday we slept until 12:30 which was really nice because it was the first time we got to sleep in. Then we went swimming at an indoor pool with Hella, Lennart, Aaron, Ana, and Annemarie. It was because it was cold and rainy outside.
Then, Luca and went out to eat in the city. First we stopped at Luca's dance studio to watch the end of a workshop with a choreographer who choreographs for such people as Justin Timberlake. It was really cool, and they were really good.
We went to dinner at a place called Havanna Bar where I had pesto penne and a nonalcoholic drink called Coconut Kiss. Luca and I sat outside and talked a lot about anything and everything. We were under a roof, which was a good thing because then it started hailing. And on the way home we stopped for ice cream. i got cookies and cream, cookie, and mint chocolate chip. Sooooo good. When we got home, I called my dad for father's day. P.S. Happy belated father's day everyone!!!!! And Luca and I watched Mamma Mia.
Today, I did my presentation twice, without Andrea which was scary....in a 12th grade class they kept asking questions. After school, we all will go hiking at wasserkuppe with our partners and all the other Americans.
Germany is amazing...I don't really ever want to leave. Everyone is so nice, and everything is so beautiful. The only reason I want to go home is to see my family and friends who I miss very much!
Until next time,
~Amy Matzen~

No comments:

Post a Comment