Sunday, June 21, 2009

Friday Post on Monday

I was supposed to post this on Friday, but Andreas and I caught the ICE (Intercity Express) train to Kassel, a relatively nearby town, to visit his father, brother and brother's girlfriend; Martin, Joachim, and Michaela respectively. The trip to Kassel normally takes over an hour by Autobahn, but it only took 25 minutes "by ICE," as the Germans say. Andreas, Jo-Jo (Yo-Yo), Michaela, and I went out for drinks, food and "billiards" at a local Foster's bar late Friday night. On Sunday morning, us four went shopping in Kassel where I bought my second pair of pants. For lunch, we met up with Martin and went to a local schnitzel garden, where I had the best meal of my life! 3 different kinds of schnitzel, 3 different sauces, fries, and Rösti. We went back to his Dad's house and I slept a little, before we caught the ICE back to Fulda for Andreas' dance practice. We were invited to Lennart Franke's house, Aaron Klauck's partner, for some Singstar fun with fellow GAPPers. I was surprised when Andreas asked me if I was hungry at 3:00 am after Lennart's, because we were going to stop at Burger King on the way home. I'm not sure but I have never seen a ChickenNuggetBurger in American Burger Kings. We slept in on Sunday morning, and then went out to eat at a nearby Italian restaurant that the Bornscheuer family has been going to for over 20 years, where I ordered a delicious Lasagna dish. Andreas then took me to his Fitness Club, much like the YMCA only smaller. He invited some of his friends, and they could all pass for young Arnold Schwarzeneggars, they were that huge. Following a phone call home to wish my dad and grandpa a happy Father's Day and dinner, I watched an extremely interesting "Krimi," much like Law and Order, except an hour and a half without one commercials, which I liked a lot. I have heard lots of fun stories from everyone and I'm sure everyone had lots of fun this weekend. We have a very exciting week coming up with lots of day trips planned so stay around for more.

Austin Kautzer

No comments:

Post a Comment