Thursday, June 25, 2009

Last Day :(

Austin here again,
I promised more photos, but I'm afraid that will most likely not happen for a few reasons. I accidentally erased all my pictures from my memory card and Andreas was able to recover them, but as of yesterday my camera is "total kaputt." Anyways, yesterday was the Wasserkuppe, which consisted of a Sommerrödelbahn and another tracked bobsled, whose name escapes me. Others and I went as many as 4 times down the hill and snacked on very "preiswert" food at the Wasserkuppe. I would definitely recommend a day there for anyone looking for fun. Following the Wasserkuppe, we went on a scenic hike that took about an hour and finished at a cafe in the mountains. The view(s) were absolutely fantastic and would take your breath away. We also saw some cows along the side of the path and Zach and I almost touched them. We also passed a giant radar station on our way through a field inhabited by aviation enthusiasts flying their gliders and remote control planes. Today is the last full day with our partners and we experienced the Abigag, a graduation ceremony for the 13th graders with music and games etc. Tonight is the farewell party at a nice restaurant and tomorrow we leave for our Southern Germany excursion.

No comments:

Post a Comment